Qelp is the global leader in online self-support software for smartphones and connected devices. With over 60 clients worldwide, we help over 400 million people to outsmart technology.
Are you excited about developing web applications with a strong focus on usability and visual appeal? Are you passionate about delivering a great online customer experience?
Qelp is growing rapidly, it’s a great time to join us!
- Completely rebuilding our backend system, which includes workload management and our customized CMS.
- Integrating CI / CD pipelines and a DevOps way of working.
- Coming up with a framework for our user-facing applications that is reusable, extendable and maintainable.
- Keeping our current production running smoothly.
You’ll work intensively with both development teams, as well as with the product owner, scrum master and other stakeholders to create the best possible products for our growing customer base.
- Working together with your fellow developers to create new functionalities and a wow-effect for millions of end users.
- Diving into existing systems to evolve them into parts of our new solution.
- Testing new possibilities in an agile way. You can create Proof of Concepts, clickable prototypes or anything else that proves the viability of a concept.
- Working on AWS infrastructure and solutions.
- Having an opinion and the desire to make an impact. We have weekly discussions on technology and system architecture.
- At least a HBO/WO or similar degree
- Minimum 5 years of relevant development experience
- Production knowledge of NodeJS, React, Apollo, Vue, GraphQL, Microservices
- Experience with test automation (unit testing, and integration testing)
- Experience in mobile development and/or an engineering background is a nice plus
- Highly communicative, social and a team player with a sense of humor
- Extremely analytical and good at problem-solving
- Creative and detail-oriented at the same time
- Responsible – you take pride in your work and ensure it is always of great quality
- Fluent in English, both writing and speaking
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on your skills and experience
- A dynamic culture of continuous learning and growth, while working for top global brands
- Compensation of travel expenses
- BYOD policy (macOS required) with monthly compensation
- Flexibility to work on different projects
- 25 days of paid leave
- Free lunch and unlimited tea, coffee (and other drinks…)
- (Sometimes epic) Friday afternoon drinks
A typical day in the life of a Qelp developer:
You enter the brand new, open plan office that’s a 5-minute walk from Amsterdam Sloterdijk Station. You are greeted by your colleagues who come from all over the world to build a great online customer experience. While enjoying a freshly brewed cup of coffee and perhaps a chocolate-covered biscuit, you participate in a short stand-up with the rest of the development team. Everyone goes over their tasks for the day to determine their priorities and anticipate future challenges. This is also a good time to exchange ideas and to identify if anyone in the team needs help or support.
During the day, you will work on delivering new implementations for our clients around the world, before taking a break to do some necessary maintenance on already released products. Then at lunch time, you will enjoy a selection of salads, sandwiches, snacks and the soup of the day served at the cafeteria downstairs.
In the afternoon, you might discuss possibilities and features for new projects together with a product designer and members of the UX and Operations teams, and contribute to a technical design and roadmap. Then after a day of hard work, if it’s Friday, you’ll gather in the break out area to enjoy a cold bottle of beer and play a few rounds of foosball.
Hey, that sounds good!
To apply for this opportunity, send your CV and motivation to email@example.com